Key creation problem with 2.1.16

Justus Winter justus at g10code.com
Mon Jan 30 17:52:44 CET 2017

Hi,

Carola Grunwald <caro at nymph.paranoici.org> writes:

> on Mon, 30 Jan 2017 10:50:53 +0100, you wrote:
>
>>Carola Grunwald <caro at nymph.paranoici.org> writes:
>>
>>> agent the call stack dump always looks the same as shown below. Here it
>>[...]
>>> Stack for thread gpg-agent.exe+0x14e0
>>> ntoskrnl.exe!SeAccessCheckWithHint+0xb4a
>>
>>May I ask how you create these stack traces?
>
> Sysinternals Process Explorer v16.20
> https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer

How did you get it to resolve symbols?  I never figured that out :/

> You know of anything more accurate I could use?

Well, you can attach a gdbserver to the process, and use gdb on a remote
Linux box with the sources, that is really nice, albeit a bit slow.

> BTW, the problem persists after updating to 2.1.18, same dumps.

:/

Fwiw, I saw gpg-agents hanging on Windows XP, it regularly happened
while running the test suite.  I don't see those kind of problems with
our current Windows 8.1 test box.

Justus