Proposal with patch: Make socket directory host dependent

Rainer Perske rainer.perske at uni-muenster.de
Wed Dec 20 12:48:50 CET 2017

Hello,

I have just downloaded GnuPG 2.2.4 an will check the patch now.

Thanks again!

In my proposal, I had enlarged the character array "prefix" (now line
557 of common/homedir.c) from "13 + 1 + 20 + 6 + 1" to "6 + "13 + 1 +
20 + 6 + 1", the additional "6" is space for the characters "/gnupg" I
had added to the prefix.

I do not understand yet how the figures 13 + 1 + 20 are calculated.
Maybe I was too careful by enlarging the space, but I'd propose to
check whether the array is still large enough for all possible cases
(if you did not already do so).

Best regards
--
Rainer Perske
Abteilung Systembetrieb und Leiter der Zertifizierungsstelle (WWUCA)

Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität
Zentrum für Informationsverarbeitung
Rainer Perske
Röntgenstraße 7-13
48149 Münster

Tel.: +49 251 83-31582
Fax.: +49 251 83-31555
E-Mail: rainer.perske at uni-muenster.de
WWW: https://www.uni-muenster.de/ZIV/Mitarbeiter/RainerPerske.shtml
Büro: Raum 006, Röntgenstraße 11
Lageplan: http://wwwuv2.uni-muenster.de/uniplan/?action=spot&gebnr=7474

Zertifizierungsstelle der Universität Münster (WWUCA):
Tel.: +49 251 83-31590
Fax.: +49 251 83-31555
E-Mail: ca at uni-muenster.de
WWW: https://www.uni-muenster.de/WWUCA/

Zentrum für Informationsverarbeitung (ZIV):
Tel.: +49 251 83-31600 (Mo-Fr 7:30-17:30 Uhr)
Fax.: +49 251 83-31555
E-Mail: ziv at uni-muenster.de
WWW: https://www.uni-muenster.de/ZIV/