permissions required on /run/user/<uid>/gnupg

Justus Winter justus at g10code.com
Thu Oct 6 11:17:57 CEST 2016

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> writes:

>> I fact, would like to entirely get rid of sockets in the homedir.  We
>> still need them for compatibility reasons but in the long term they
>> should go away.
>
> I'd love for them to go away as well!

Oh?  What about all the people not using systemd?

Fwiw, I do not like that GnuPG automagically uses /run/users/X if it
exists, because everytime I accidentally install some package that pulls
in the systemd component that creates these directories, my gnupg setup
breaks.  Yes, it is my fault for expecting the sockets to be created in
~/.gnupg, and yes, there is gpgconf that I should ask instead, but I
still consider it very surprising that installing a seemingly unrelated
package changes GnuPGs behavior like that.

Justus