New bug tracker status no-release?

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue May 10 10:31:57 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Tuesday 10 May 2016 08:51:58 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Montag, 9. Mai 2016 20:52:07 schrieb Werner Koch:
> > with more people actively closing bugs I too often look at bugs set to
> > "testing" which are kept at that status to remind about about a missing
> > release.  Thus I ponder with the idea to add a new status "no-release"
> > for such cases.  This would also allow to decide whether it makes sense
> > to do a new maintenance release of 1.4 or 2.0.
> >
> > Any opinions against this or a better term for such a status?
>
> "no-release" could be missunderstood as not being scheduled
> for a release. So what about
>
> "release-ready"
> "waiting-for-release"

My suggestion would be not-released. As it is short and indicates the status
better then no-release.

In the KDE Bugtracker we use a Fixed-In field. It's an additional entry field
where developers can note down the version with which the bugfix will be
released.

E.g. You could search for resolved bugs component gnupg, fixed-in 1.4.21 to
decide if it would be worth an 1.4.21 release. This also has the advantage
that you don't have to touch the bugs after a release and It's a bit of
additional information for the history. We could also resolve issues once they
are fixed in master.

But I'm not sure how easy it is in Roundup to add new / custom fields so the
status might be the better (quicker) option.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/