[Announce] GnuPG 2.1.12 released

Guilhem Moulin guilhem at fripost.org
Sun May 8 22:30:47 CEST 2016

Hi Werner,

On Fri, 06 May 2016 at 11:01:30 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed,  4 May 2016 21:43, guilhem at fripost.org said:
>> key (for instance with ‘clean’ or ‘adduid’) to execute that code.  As I
>> argued in [msg7913] (where I proposed a fix), it's desirable to have the
>> ‘check’ save the reordered key too.
>
> It is a lot of new code and fear that we have introduced bugs which may
> inhibit the users ability to import certain keys.  Thus I asked Neal to
> run this code only from --edit-key for now.  As soon as we have some
> real world experience we will run it during import as well.

Sure, I understand the reason for not using that code during import for
the time being.

> Note that --edit-key will always run the code for self-signatures in any
> case.  A warning will be printed if errors where found to remind the
> user to give the check command.

My point is that with the current code, the key material is not saved
(with the properly ordered packets) after a manual ‘check’ command
entered in the ‘--edit-key’ prompt.  As you can see in what I wrote in
in [msg7913], this is because the ‘modified’ variable is left unchanged
regardless of the return value of ‘check_all_keysigs’.

Cheers,
--
Guilhem.

[msg7913] https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/msg7913