please do not change "Directory Manager" to "Network Maanager"

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Sep 27 18:25:43 CEST 2015

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 15:11, neal at walfield.org said:

> The directory manager is primary responsible for uploading and
> downloading keys and CRLs.  Perhaps, "Key Acquirer" or "Key Manager"
> is acceptable. (Both fit the above pattern.)

The term Key Manager is commonly used for tools to manage a key (GPA,
Kleopatra, and those included in MUAs). Thus this would be confusing; in
particular if a GPA or Kleopatra display that term.

One reason why I changed the name is to make it clear that all access to
the net is done via dirmngr and thus not installing dirmngr will
effectivly disable all web bugs.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner