how does pka relate to openpgpkey

Hanno Böck hanno at hboeck.de
Thu Mar 12 10:33:52 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm somewhat confused about this. Werner recently postet some things
about PKA records.

Now there seems to be work done to create a new standard OPENPGPKEY
that is, as far as I can see, basically doing the same, just different:
Distributing PGP keys through DNS:
https://openpgpkey.info/

How do these relate to each other? Is openpgpkey supposed to replace
pka?

(I still think this is all misguided from the start because it relies
on dnssec being a real thing, but if this is the way people want to go
it probably is the worst idea to deploy two standards basically doing
something very similar at the same time)

cu,
--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/