Gpg 2.1 with dirmngr at changing locations

Patrick Brunschwig patrick at enigmail.net
Thu Dec 3 22:08:22 CET 2015

I'm using a notebook, that I carry around quite a lot. The notebook is
hardly turned off; it usually just sleeps. Whenever I wake up my
notebook at a different location than before (which usually implies
changed routes and changed name servers), dirmngr fails to do any
keyserver operation with a "no route to host" error. I have to kill it
in order to get it working afterwards.

I know, I'm using a Mac -- which is why having my notebook sleep works
almost 100% reliably -- so this may be something OS-specific.

Can anybody confirm this?

-Patrick