Android gpg-agent crashes in libgcrypt when signing, decrypting, importing secret keys

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 30 13:38:36 CET 2014

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 03:59, hans at guardianproject.info said:

> Good news!  Now that --disable-neon-support works, the Android build is
> passing all of the tests except for libgcrypt/random, which hangs on that
> prefer-fips-rng test, and libassuan/fdpassing, which I am not sure is needed

FD passing should work on Android because that is a kernel property.
I took the easy way to implement the test by using system() which
requires a shell.  This can be fixed.

> on Android.  Also, the gnupg/tests are not run because they require a UNIX
> shell environment which Android does not have (things like /usr/bin/test,
> /usr/bin/[, etc)

Good point.  Given that with Windows, VMS, and Android we have a couple
of non-Unix targets, we may want to rework the test suite.  After all
the current automake problems may demand a new test driver anyway.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner