Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Jun 13 22:09:57 CEST 2013

> Could that be linked to a malformed keys in my keyring?

A segmentation fault is almost always an indicator of a bug in the
program itself.  Well-written code should not segfault on any input,
even malformed input.

(This is not a slight on Werner, g10 Code, or anyone involved with
GnuPG.  2.1-beta3 is exactly what it claims to be, a beta, and these
sorts of bugs are to be expected.  This is a bug to be fixed before
final release, not something that should cast doubt on the quality of
the GnuPG codebase.)

Thanks for discovering this bug, and I hope you and Werner are able to
get it sorted out!