using Callback Based Data Buffers with Java

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Jul 16 03:19:09 CEST 2013

On 07/15/2013 06:03 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 22:44, hans at guardianproject.info said:
>
>> For the GnuPGData.c implementation of the Java class that corresponds to
>> gpgme_data_t, it needs to include both gpgme.h and data.h since it needs to
>
> No way.  data.h is internal to gpgme and not part of the API.  It may
> change with any release.  Internal data structures may never be used by
> other applications or even language bindings.  The reason why
> gpgme_data_t is an opaque pointer is just to not expose it in the API.
>
> A language binding need to take this as an opaque pointer and is not
> allowed to assume anything about it.  The only exception is NULL, which
> means that the data object is not allocated.

Ok, that makes sense.  So I have to figure out the proper way here.  I'm using
gpgme_data_new_from_stream() in gpgmeDataNewFromFilename():

    FILE* stream = fopen(filename_str, mode_str);
    gpgme_error_t err = gpgme_data_new_from_stream(&data, stream);

Then in gpgmeDataRelease(), I believe I'm responsible for closing that stream.
 So I need to maintain the FILE *stream outside of gpgme_data_t?  I looked
around a lot for examples of code that uses gpgme_data_new_from_stream() and
gpgme_data_new_from_cbs() but didn't find any. I'd love some pointers for that.

.hc