Several problems with building GnuPG 2 for Windows

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Feb 17 17:10:15 CET 2013

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 02:29, lailavrazda1979 at gmail.com said:
> w32pth's location is nowhere to be found on the web site. All I could find
> on the internet were outdated svn URLs, so it was very hard to find. Also,

I don't think that it is hard to fine:

  #
  # Pth emulation
  #

  server ftp://ftp.g10code.com/g10code/w32pth

  # checked: 2012-03-28 wk - still sufficient
  file w32pth-2.0.2.tar.bz2
  chk  9f43acb64867fb54b456f8a1187307ceb7bdf183

That is from packages/packages.current.  You use gpg4win?  No, then
better start using this.  Everything you need to know is there:

 http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gpg4win.git;a=tree

> of the configure script, it doesn't even run; it dies with a syntax error.
> It uses <your home directory>/w32root as the install directory; what ever

doc/README.W32 tells you how to change the defauld build tree.

> happened to --prefix? Finally, it only supports MinGW, which is dead and

Nope.  Actually the last release was done with the 32 bit toolchain from
mingw64.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner