Work remaining for a 2.1 release?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 14 09:34:19 CET 2013

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 06:52, kylebutt at gmail.com said:

> Is there an objection to porting the common algorithms for the agent's storage?

Yes.  The protection of private keys in OpenPGP is pretty complex,
carries a lot of historic baggage, and uses too much bit-fiddling.
Further, gpg-agent is designed to be protocol neutral thus does not need
to know about OpenPGP details.

Just for the sake of a one-time requirement for the passphrase it does
not make sense to make the current gpg-agent private key protection more
complex.  I also bet that more than 99% of all users have only one key
and thus one passphrase (they should know very well).

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner