gpgme_op_keylist_start: error: Invalid crypto engine <GPGME>

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Oct 19 11:28:41 CEST 2012

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 06:26, hans at guardianproject.info said:

> I didn't get very far today.  A patch with printf()s would be much
> appreciated.

Okay, I did something more general.

  bd24fea Trace the use of GPG_ERR_INV_ENGINE.

    * src/debug.h: Include "gpgme.h"
    (_gpgme_trace_gpgme_error): New.
    (trace_gpg_error): New macro.  Use it in all files where we return
    GPG_ERR_INV_ENGINE; also "include debug.h" as needed.
    --

    This is a pretty common error code but often it is hard to figure out
    the actual cause.  With debug level 4 we now print the file name and

Sample output is now

    engine-gpg.c:1272: returning error: Invalid crypto engine
    gpgme_op_keylist_start: error: Invalid crypto engine <GPGME>

With the exact location it should be easy to figure out what's going
wrong.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner