gpgme-config largefile support missmatch?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jun 16 15:44:12 CEST 2011

Werner, thanks for the prompt response.

Am Donnerstag, 16. Juni 2011 14:46:05 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:25, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> > Any hints where the issues comes from? I am not very proficient with
> > the automake chain to debug this myself. Should I open an issue for it?

> There is a long chapter in the gpgme manual explaining this; in short
> you should have a line
>
>   AC_SYS_LARGEFILE
>
> in configure.ac.

I did read the section in the gpgme manual before I had posted the question.

As I understood it, either gpgme-config --cflags is wrong
by not printing "-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DLARGEFILE_SOURCE=1"
or the section in "Building the Source" is missleading that recommends:
  gcc -c foo.c `gpgme-config --cflags`
if would need to hint upon that largefile options might also be necessary
in addition.

BTW: gpgme-config --help
outputs the line
  [--thread={ pth pthread pthread}]
shouldn't this be
  [--thread={ pth pthread}]
?

Best,
Bernhard
--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member