About a project to make gnupg2 ISO/IEC 19790 compliant

Daiki Ueno ueno at unixuser.org
Fri Jan 29 13:01:05 CET 2010

Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> writes:

>> Are you implementing this in GnuPG or libgcrypt?  It would be useful to
>> have this in libgcrypt, to be able to use it for X.509 and TLS in
>> GnuTLS.
>
> What I forgot to mention.  We do have OAEP patches available; I just
> missed to apply them.

Perhaps one of the patches was written by me - but I don't mind which
version (my patch or Inoue-san's patch or another) will be adopted to
the future version of GnuPG or libgcrypt.

However, I have a question about PSS.  According to the Appendix D of
PKCS#1 (RFC3447), the University of California claims the patent for
PSS.  What do you think about this?

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno