Possible errors building gnupg 2.07 under leopard mac os x 10.5

Enrico Sorichetti enricosorichetti at mac.com
Mon Nov 12 17:03:42 CET 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 4:29 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> .... snipped a few lines
>> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __gcry_mpih_sub_n
>>   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libgcrypt.11.dylib
>>   Expected in: flat namespace
>
> I don't know.  That symbol is only used internally by libgcrypt;
> thus it
> is a problem with your libgcrypt installation.
>

> Shalom-Salam,
>
>   Werner
> ... snipped a few lines

Thank You Werner for Your attention

I kept investigating, and found out that libgcrypt by default is using
some assembler modules.

configuring libgcrypt with "--disable-asm" solved the problem ( at
least in my case )
sorry for posting to the wrong list,

Maybe pointing this out in the gnupg README might help others avoid
this issue
The gnupg README says,for the required packages, to run "./configure;
make; make install"

Bye for now

enrico sorichetti