gpg-agent fails when adding a RSA ssh key

Stewart Wright svwright.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 16 21:37:09 CEST 2006

I've just submitted this to the BTS (#657) but I thought I'd send it here too.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

* Release: svn:GNUPG-1-9-BRANCH rev:4135
* Environment: 	FC3
   svn:GNUPG-1-9-BRANCH  rev:4135
   automake-1.9.6, libassuan-0.6.10
   libksba-0.9.13, pinentry-0.7.2
   pth-2.0.6

When trying to add a 4096 bit RSA ssh key to the gpg agent it fails with
  "Error reading response length from authentication socket."

If there aren't keys already in the agent, this is a fatal error:
"Fatal error: Resource temporarily unavailable"

The error code (for both the fatal and the non-fatal error cases) is 141.

* How-To-Repeat:
   eval `gpg-agent --enable-ssh-support --daemon`
   ssh-add rsa_4096