SmartCard: Encryption/Decryption problem

Matthias Kirschner mk at fsfe.org
Wed May 4 13:17:02 CEST 2005

* Georg C. F. Greve <greve at fsfeurope.org> [2005-05-04 13:03:24 +0200]:

> PIN
> gpg: ccid_transceive failed: (0x1000a)
> gpg: apdu_send_simple(0) failed: card I/O error
> gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID 7DF16B24, created 2005-05-02
>       "Georg C. F. Greve <greve at gnu.org>"
> gpg: public key decryption failed: general error
> gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available

Same problem here. I am using a 04e6:5115 SCM Microsystems, Inc. SCR335
SmartCard Reader and GnuPG 1.4.1 + ccid patch.

Although IIRC 4 weeks ago it worked here on my machine, but I can't
remember which packages I updated during this time. I am using Debian
testing, is it possible, that is has something to do with some usb
stuff?

Best wishes,
Matze

--