gpg-agent not caching card PINs?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Oct 25 01:08:37 CEST 2004

Hi Werner,

Am Montag, den 11.10.2004, 08:26 +0200 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 20:00:07 +0200, Joachim Breitner said:
> > Hullo,
> > I just got gpg-agent (thx to smurfix for packaging for debian). I got
> > version 1.9.11+cvs20040924-3. It works fine for on-disk-keys with
> > passwords, but for my on-card-signature-keys, it asks for the PIN every
> > time. It does ask using pinentry, so it goes through gpg-agent.
>
> Depends on the settings:
>
> $ gpg-card-status
> Signature PIN ....: not forced
>
> with this setting the PIN should get cached; the default however is
> "forced" which disables the cache for the signature PIN.

I don't remember changeing it, but gpg --card-status tells me it is not
forced. Still, gpg-agent does not seem to cache my PINs. Only option set
is the pinentry program.

Is there anything you want me to check here?

Thanks,
nomeata

--
Joachim Breitner
  e-Mail: mail at joachim-breitner.de
  ICQ#: 74513189
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html