[FEATURE REQ, RFC], improving ergonomic HMI fingerprint cross verification

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 23 20:17:13 CEST 2004

* On 2004.07.23, in <410111F7.80409 at gmx.de>,
*	"Thomas Schorpp" <t.schorpp at gmx.de> wrote:

> all (*n*x) standard consoles, websites and platform gui support the
> needed 16 colors for substituting a hex number, dont they?

No. And people still use serial terminals.

Re colorblindness: Sure, everyone can recognize grayscales, but that's
not really the problem. The problem is when it's not clear whether
something is red or green.

What about partial or total blindness? Screen readers can read off "Ay
Be One Five Two Eff ..." but won't read "Red Green Cyan Magenta Rose
Burgundy Lime Deep Forest Green".

> so ill have printed a line of full ascii "block, die" chars a line below
> ~  every fp output with a --color option to gpg:

This is very cute, and there's nothing wrong with it -- I rather like
the idea -- but it's not a general solution. It belongs in a front-end,
not in the core tool.

--
 -D.    dgc at uchicago.edu                                  NSIT::ENSS