enabling the ldap keyserver plugin on HP-UX

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Aug 27 22:17:01 CEST 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:11:00PM -0700, David Ellement wrote:
> On 020827, at 14:30:19, David Shaw wrote
> > On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 11:22:39AM -0700, David Ellement wrote:
> > > I've been trying to get the ldap keyserver plugin working on an
> > > HP-UX 11 system.  The configure test tries to link in libresolv,
> > > which I'm unable to find on my system.
> >
> > Hmm.  It tries to link in libresolv because OpenLDAP requires it.  Do
> > you have OpenLDAP installed?  If not, what LDAP libraries do you have?
>
> I have the OpenLDAP 2.1.3 libraries installed, libldap and liblber.
> The OpenLDAP configure script looks for resolv.h, which does find in
> /usr/include.  (However, there is no libresolv in /usr/lib).

Interesting.  Perhaps the dependencies are different on HP.  Can you
try removing the -lresolv from the configure test? (leave -lldap and
-llber alone) If that gets you through configuration, then you'll need
to remove it from the Makefile in keyserver/Makefile as well to build.

Let me know if that works.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  dshaw at jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/