gaim-e

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Aug 21 19:01:01 CEST 2002

On 21 Aug 2002 21:28:17 +0900, Eric M Krause said:

> written by the original developer.  It has serious endian issues.  Is
> there a library that is as easy to use as gpgme out there that could do
> rc5, rc6, twofish, blowfish etc?

You don't want to use the patented RC5 or RC6 algorithms.  Please go
with AES and as a fallback Twofish or CAST5.  Libgcrypt supports this
in CBC and CFB mode.  There is also beecrypt and mcrypt but openssl is
problematic due to the license incompatibilities (I assume gaim-e is
GPLed).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner