gpgme_get_sig_key() problems

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Aug 8 10:27:01 CEST 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 12:09:48PM -0400, Gordon Worley wrote:
> Hi.  I'm having problems with getting the keys that correspond to
> signatures when there are multiple signatures.  I have, in my example
> file, three signatures (my main key, my Mac GPG key, and a test key that
> I created) on the data.  When I call gpgme_get_sig_key(), it sometimes
> does not return a key when the index is valid (it will report index out
> of bounds).  After a few seconds, though, it will work.  This only
> happens sometimes, though.

This is strange.  Seems to me like there is a timing problem in the code,
although I can not see it.  Can you provide us witha test program that shows
the problem on your machine?  Maybe I can also get more input by letting you
run a modified version of GPGME that prints out some debugging output if we
can not reproduce it here.

> Also, if gpgme_get_sig_key() returns GPGME_No_Error but the GpgmeKey
> that it returns is null, is this the case that you don't have such a key
> in your keyring?

Yes, I think so.  We should document that :)

Thanks,
Marcus

--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' GNU      http://www.gnu.org    marcus at gnu.org