zlib force compile

Jonathan Hayward -- http://JonathansCorner.com jshayward at pobox.com
Tue Aug 21 05:26:01 CEST 2001

I was looking through my tarball to see why zlib didn't compile, and I
came across the following surprise in zlib/Makefile.in:

# I found no other easy way to use this only if zlib is neede
# doing this with SUBDIR = @XXX@  in the top Makefile.am does not
# work because automake doesn't scan this Makefile.am here.
@ENABLE_LOCAL_ZLIB_TRUE at noinst_LIBRARIES = libzlib.a

When I run ./configure; make, it doesn't build zlib, and I need to build
it.  (I'm not much of a make/configure/automake guru.)

Can anyone tell me what I need to change so that ./configure; make
creates zlib/*.o?

--
Jonathan Hayward
jshayward at pobox.com
http://JonathansCorner.com
(A four dimensional maze, stories, essays, artwork, and other things...)