Patch for mingw32msvc

Martin Kahlert martin.kahlert at infineon.com
Mon Jul 17 17:54:47 CEST 2000

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 03:28:57PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Martin Kahlert wrote:
>
> > I append a small patch, i had to use to cross compile gnupg-1.0.2
> > from linux to mingw32 using the latest prerelease from http://www.mingw.org.
>
> I have only heard recently about that MingW project.  For GnuPG I use
> a think called Mingw32/CPD which I developed a few years ago also
> based on Colin's original stuff.  See doc/README.W32 for details.
>
> I'd appreciate if the the Mingw folks can take over the maintainance
> of that package.  The most important goal of my package is that it is
> designed for cross-compiling.
>
> > ./configure --target=i586-pc-mingw32msvc
>
> I assume that the msvc suffix stands for the MCRTDLL, right?

Yes, mingw32 comes in 2 versions (yet). One for (unmaintained) crtdll
based systems (i.e. all win32 systems) and the newer MSVC (shipped
with all newer >Win95 systems.

> > winioctl.h contains the define for IOCTL_DISK_PERFORMANCE
> > and the typedef for DISK_PERFORMANCE.
>
> The GNU windows32api has not been updated for a some years, so it would
> make sense to do make a new version of that.  The value should not be
> different, so I wonder where the problem ist - anyway I can do an
> ifdef.[B
The API header files grow in the recent mingw32 systems. So it's not
a dead system.

For a more 'knowledgeable' description you have to wait for Mumit's reply.

Bye,
Martin.

--
The early bird gets the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.