Porting GNUPG

Dave Smith dave at raystewart.com
Sat Sep 12 14:38:03 CEST 1998

Hi all...

I recently ran across GNUPG in my search for a PGP replacement and was
delighted by the functionality (and cost) :)

I'm interested in porting a subset of the GNUPG program to Windoze. I can
hear the questions already..."Why in the *world* do you want to port such a
beautiful piece of software to such a ugly OS?!" :)

Basically, I need to be able to decrypt/encrypt stuff on the Windoze OS. Key
generation will take place on a secured Linux box, so the RNG (or lack
thereof in Windows) won't really be a big deal (will it!?). What I'd like to
do is keep the source modification to a minimum so that I can keep the two
versions (Linux/Windows) in synch.  I know there is currently a binary
version of GNUPG for NT, but that is stamped for version 2.10 (which is a
little old). Does anyone know who built that version? I could really use the
makefiles (or VC project files) that where used. I guess I could figure it
out on my own, but it would be siginficantly more efficient to stand on
someone else's shoulders... :)

Thanks. :)

D.