Standards and PGP wraper

Thomas Roessler roessler at guug.de
Fri Nov 13 13:02:56 CET 1998

On Fri, Nov 13, 1998 at 11:10:57AM +0100, Norbert Bollow wrote:

> I suppose this would also provide a way of complying with search
> warrants etc. without compromising any of the keys on your secret
> keyring.

Something like that is also useful if you want to decrypt a huge
encrypted message on a remote host: Have one function which extracts
the encrypted message key (this can even be done with dd), have
another one which decrypts it on your local host, and a third one
which uses that session key for decrypting the message proper.

tlr
--
Thomas Roessler · 74a353cc0b19 · dg1ktr · http://home.pages.de/~roessler/
     2048/CE6AC6C1 · 4E 04 F0 BC 72 FF 14 23 44 85 D1 A1 3B B0 73 C1