[EXPERIMENTAL-PATCH] Curve25519 encryption support (updated)

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Jul 24 08:32:22 CEST 2015

On 07/23/2015 09:32 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 10:02, gniibe at fsij.org said:
>
>> So, its meaning is sec-is-multiplied-by-cofactor-and-msb-set (not mont
>> or x-only, which is defined by curve's model or compression).
>>
>> I don't have good naming for the flag though.
>
> "djb" :-)

It is good for us. :-)  It would require some more explanation
for other people.

> Anyone else with a suggestion for the name of such a flag?

>From poor vocabulary of non-native speaker,

    trim, rational, legitimate, validated, solid,

come up.

I think that the practice makes much sense because it encourages
constant time implementation.  I wonder why it wasn't common for
the standardization of ECC before safe curves.

How about "advance"?  In some sense, a secret key with this flag is
like a ticket sold in advance; For both sides (buy & sell), it
eliminates a possibility of failures (of payment).

When we see the flag, it means that it's advanced ECC with safe curve.

My point is: It would be good it has better connotation.