Wrong use of -export-symbols in src/Makefile.am

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed May 22 18:33:37 CEST 2013

On Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:10, lrn1986 at gmail.com said:

> Both. I've had this problem with 1.5, and i still have it with git
> master HEAD.

I just pushed a change I did some time ago.  This solves the problem for
libgcrypt.  Needs to be applied to all other libs as well.  Libtool is
undergoing larger changes thus we can expect that we need to stick to
2.4.2 for quite some time.

> * the fig2dev issue does not affect tarballs, since they come with
> pre-generated image files,

This is still open.  Right.

> * libdir creation only affects package maintainers (i.e. when
> installing into empty staging directory and with -jX).,

Will eventually be fixed.

> * EXPORTS placement issue is the only one that will screw people
> compiling from git AND from tarballs. Fix that, and, hopefully, 1.6.0
> tarballs will come out fine.

Done.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner