Problem building 1.4.5

Mike Frysinger vapier.adi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 15:56:02 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 03:37, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:58, rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org said:
>> Is Mike's suggestion palatable?
>
> It makes the vers file a bit ugly.  I'd really prefer to have a control
> statement in the vers file to prefix all symbols.  Or a linker switch
> todo this.

neither exist today and likely wont for a long time (if someone were
to implement it today), and wouldnt be backwards compatible

another option that isnt as clean is to add a Makefile target to run
`sed` on the .in file itself rather than configure.  then the contents
wouldnt change between the current version script and the renamed .in
version.
-mike