gcrypt windows build

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Dec 17 21:57:03 CET 2009

"Hoyt, David" <hoyt6 at llnl.gov> writes:

>> We only support cross-builds from a POSIX platform.  If you try to build it on the traget platform it may or may not work.
>
> How do you test a cross-compiled library? How do you run your test
> programs to validate your cross-compiled libraries are working
> correctly? Do you have any tips on how I could get the test programs
> working?

Use wine.  Just install MinGW and Wine under Linux, and then build
libgcrypt like this:

./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu

It will invoke the self-tests automatically, if you have the
binfmt-support package installed.

If you want a makefile that does everything, check out
<http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/Makefile>.

/Simon