RC2 in libgcrypt

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:24:12 +0200

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:09:46 +0300, Nikos Mavroyanopoulos said:

> No RC2 is not patented. As far as I know it has the same status as RC4
> (was a trade secret). There is also an informational RFC on it

Okay.  This is still smells fishy and using the name RC2 might be
problematic.

Anyway, I have no time to create a new implementation from the
description and as you know, we can't simply use some random public
domain code.

> Well not having RC2 means that the whole work I've done on PKCS12
> packets is useless, since I cannot decrypt them.

The CVS libgcrypt has a mechanism to hook in your own cipher.

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com