Hello?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh@mimosa.com
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 14:15:47 -0400 (EDT)

| From: Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org>

| > Does this list exist? I heard of it through
| > http://www.gnupg.org/docs.html. I think that I've subscribed, but I
| > didn't get any feedback, nor does there seem to be an archive.
|
| Sorry. I added a .procmail rule but forgot to add the folder to my
| list of mailboxes, so I noticed your mail today while looking at the
| archive (lists.gnupg.org). There are no subscribers yet and I think I
| have to check why it does not work.
Will the list be the right way to communicate (once it is functional)?
| > I would like to try using gcrypt in Pluto, the IKE daemon of the FreeS/WAN
| > project (http://www.xs4al.nl/~freeswan).

| Please tell me what functionality you need for Pluto, so that I can do
| a first release with that in mind.
I'm not sure what library we are going to use in the long term (I don't make that decision). It may well be gcrypt. Right now, I'm trying to hack dsa.c/elgamal.c to fit into our code since we need support for DSS yesterday. I'm trying to make dsa.c/elgamal.c work with GMP because that is what we use for big integers. We use it because we use libdes (Eric Young's old code) and libdes uses GMP. What a tangle. We'd like to use OpenSSL, but we are not 100% sure of it being free of US export control (we don't know that none of the code came from USA). So this is why I'm trying to hack code from gnupg. In the end, we'd like all sorts of crypto code: symmetric and public key. I'd like to be using one library, not two. We'd even like RSA, but that isn't important for another year :-). Oh, and it would be great if we could compile it in a way for it to be run in the linux kernel (not my area). I don't know how this fits in with the international kernel patch; maybe it doesn't.