[gnutls-devel] Bug: Error reading data from TLS socket. Decryption has failed.

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Wed Jul 24 17:09:06 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Christoforos Hadjigeorgiou
<chrishas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using Archbang linux and in dwb browser I get this error message in some
> webpages and the content fails to load:
> Error reading data from TLS socket. Decryption has failed.
> This only happened after gnutls was upgraded to version 3.2.2-1. I've also
> come across a bug report on archlinux about this:
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/36212?project=1

Hello,
 That seems to be something in 3.2.2 that affects glib/gio (as far as
I understand the browsers with the issue use webkit, which relies on
libsoup, which uses glib/gio, and that should use gnutls).
Unfortunately there is no way for me to test that, as in my system
they are linked to gnutls 2.12.x. If someone could reproduce that and
do a git bisect on gnutls source code to find the culprit would help a
lot.