x488 vs all other : keyid flip

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Apr 20 15:50:20 CEST 2024

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:26, Bruce Walzer said:

> Perhaps things that accept key fingerprints should ignore anything
> other than hex digits?

Double clicking a word makes things really easy.  I also doubt that
anyone will compare a 64 hex digit fingerprint visually.  Thus better
paste it and let some software do the comare.

Which reminds me that the gpg --edit-key -> sign dialog should also
accept a fingerprint on the "Really sign? (y/N)" prompt.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein